An industry standard for many generations, laminate is an extremely durable and reliable countertop material, making it an ideal surface for busy homes and offices. With a large variety of new colors and designs developed recently, laminate countertops are seeing a resurgence in popularity.
Get a Laminate Countertop Quote
Receive a detailed quote for your next laminate countertop project today. Submit your job details here for a quote.
Laminate Fabrication Shop
For over 50 years, the Elfland family has been manufacturing and supplying laminate countertops throughout Massachusetts and New England. As a leader in the laminate industry, Metropolitan is a highly trusted resource and well known for its countertop expertise.
Built by hand in our Norwood laminate fabrication shop, we offer postform and custom tops. Through buying direct from us, our customers save time and money on laminate counters.
Laminate Countertop Options
- We stock a number of postform colors for quick delivery
- We offer a postform rounded front edge, with or without attached backsplash
- We build custom laminate tops to your job’s specifications from all major brand laminates on furniture board or plywood substrate, fabricated locally right at our Norwood, Massachusetts manufacturing facility
- We offer a wide variety of hundreds of colors and patterns to choose from, including laminate countertops that look like granite, wood or metal
- We fabricate from every vendor, including Formica, Wilsonart, Pionite, Poliform, Nevamar, Arborite and Lamin-Art. All custom orders are made with specified product brands.
Advantages of Laminate
For high traffic areas of the home, like kitchens, laundry rooms and basements, laminate is a great option for countertops. Here are the reasons why we still love this old-school material.
- Family-Friendly: As a solid surface, it’s not porous, and therefore doesn’t absorb bacteria and food spills as some natural stone surfaces do. For a busy, active household, laminate counters are a convenient choice.
- Cost Effective: Drastically more reasonably priced than stone, it’s an affordable solution for homeowners looking to renovate on a small budget, and still get great style.
- Low Maintenance: Only soap and water are needed to keep this material clean. No sealers or special polishes needed, as required by other countertop materials such as stone and quartz.
- Wide Variety of Colors: Popular brands such as Formica and Wilsonart are continuously coming out with new colors, patterns and even materials.
- It’s Versatile: It can be cut into pretty much any shape, providing a fantastic solution for rooms with difficult dimensions.
- Great for Any Room: For all the reasons above, this is a practical material for any room in a house, including bathroom countertops, laundry room folding stations and home office desks.
We will definitely be returning to them for our next project. We highly recommend Metropolitan for your countertops.