Our standard plywood is custom created specifically for Metropolitan, and features the following:
- Construction consist of ¾” sides, tops, bottoms, stretchers and shelving and a 1/2” back panel which is fully captured on four sides.
- Cabinets are doweled and glued before being assembled using an automated case clamp to ensure a rigid cabinet that is true and square
- Clear finishes are 100% solid, modified epoxy acrylate that is cured by ultraviolet light, which is extremely durable, and brings out the natural warmth of real wood grain surfaces
- Core is 2 step veneer, or Calibrated Blank Construction, which takes more time to construct, and produces panels that are consistent in thickness within a tolerance of 0.5mm
- Free from all formaldehyde resins and designated NAF (No-Added-Formaldehyde), the veneer cored panels contain soy-based adhesives and exceed California Air Resource Board and USGBC LEED Criteria