Kitchen Lighting Tips from the Pros – #4 Custom Fixtures
Custom Light Fixtures
If you want a statement piece in your kitchen, one that’s bound to start conversations, consider ordering a custom light fixture.
What is a custom light fixture? It typically includes requests for one or more of the following:
- Small tweaks (e.g. adding a switch on the backplate)
- Custom shades with your own fabrics
- Modifications (e.g. reconfiguring a four-light chandelier into six lights)
- A fixture you love in a finish that’s not normally available
- Completely original designs
A custom-made light fixture might be the perfect choice if you’re working with a narrow color/finish palette, if you prefer truly one-of-a-kind pieces (an aesthetic that’s reflected throughout your home), and/or if you’re looking to create a family heirloom.
- Pro tip: Ordering a custom fixture takes longer than ordering a fixture that the manufacturer already has in stock, for obvious reasons. Lead times can vary widely, depending on the manufacturer. Note: not all lighting manufacturers customize fixtures.
Wolfers Lighting is Greater Boston’s premier lighting, motorized shade and complete, smart-home integration resource for homeowners, architects, interior designers, builders, electricians and more. We have the largest interactive, lighting showrooms in New England. Our residential and commercial clients come to Wolfers to experience our unique lighting labs, learn about the latest LED technology, efficient lighting technologies and home integration and to see our lighting from the most sought after brands.
Our expert consultants understand lighting, custom home integration, the intricacies and the potential.
Visit us today at one of our Greater Boston area showrooms in Allston or Waltham and see why Wolfers has been voted “Best of Boston” for so many years. Visit www.Wolfers.com to learn more.