How Can I Save Money on Cabinets?
Having the right cabinets in your kitchen can make a huge difference when it comes to the overall look and feel of your home, but they can also be quite expensive. If you’re wondering how can I save money money on cabinets while still getting quality product, there are a few strategies you can use. In this blog post, we’ll discuss some of the best ways to save money on cabinets while still getting the look you want. So, read on to learn more about how you can save money on cabinets!
Pros and cons of ways to save money on kitchen cabinets
There are a few ways to save on new cabinets, which we’ll cover in a bit, but here are the ups and downs of kitchen renovation savings ideas we’ve seen online.
- You can save money on cabinets by buying them in bulk
- You can save money on cabinets by shopping at discount stores
- You can save money on cabinets by buying used cabinets
- You can save money on cabinets by refinishing them yourself
- You can save money on cabinets by choosing stock cabinets
- Buying cabinets in bulk may not be the best option if you only need a few pieces
- Discount stores may not always have the style or quality of cabinet you are looking for
- Used cabinets may not be in the best condition and could require additional work to be usable
- Refinishing cabinets yourself could take up a lot of time and effort with no guarantee of success or satisfaction with the results
- Lower-quality cabinetry made of things like MDF and laminate may break down faster and lead to another kitchen remodel in a smaller time frame
These are all things to keep in mind if you go for the tips we see most commonly online but below we’ll discuss new cabinet and kitchen design.
Focus on less expensive materials to save you money
Though they may not last as long as traditional hardwoods, there are plenty of other cheaper options to build your dream kitchen or bathroom with.
Instead of looking at all high-end woods, use MDF or laminate cabinets and upgrade the hardware. You’ll still get the look you’re going for and you’ll end up saving money on kitchen or bathroom installs without sacrificing your design dreams.
Leave the renovation frills behind
On the opposite end, if you rather have the strength and style of real wood cabinet doors and drawers, you can pull back on the finishing details and opt for more basic homeowner needs.
You could drastically cut down on costs by removing upper wall cabinets altogether. Instead, opt for stylish and minimalistic open shelving. Modern home décor can support such a drastic design choice, and you’ll save a drastic amount by just utilizing base cabinets.
Much like open shelving, removing the need for sliding drawer hardware is not only going to save money on new kitchens, but it’s also something we see a lot of in modern kitchen trends. Less hardware equals less cost.
Opt out of Pull-outs
The same idea applies to the pull-out. These modern conveniences may make your day, but they will also make you spend more money on new kitchen cabinets. Avoid them and avoid the additional hardware cost!
Skip the lazy Susan
Another space utilization convenience that will add to the cost of kitchen cabinets in your remodel. More hardware equals more money. If you can live with the basic corner shelving, it may save you several hundred dollars.
Summary on Saving Money On Kitchen Cabinets
By taking the time to research your options, you can save money on cabinets by finding the right style and materials for your needs. Look for sales and discounts to find the best deal for you. Consider DIY options and secondhand pieces, and shop around for the best price. With a bit of effort and research, you can find the perfect cabinets for your project and save money in the process.