We have another award winning kitchen! Metropolitan stone specialist, Bridget O’Neil, won gold at the COTY awards for her own kitchen!
Kitchen Transformation & Design
Bridget’s kitchen was really dated and was in major need of an overhaul, and not just visually, but functionally, too. Her young family of 4 needed an efficient place to have meals, do homework and gather.
- Her Metropolitan cabinet designer moved the appliances to different spots to maximize the flow and efficiency
- The fridge was moved out of the walking space and tucked away on the other side of the kitchen to create an open entrance into the rest of the house
- An island for extra storage and seating was also added, so the girls would have a place to hang out while Bridget prepared meals
- Bridget has two young daughters, and she wanted durable materials that would hold up with lots of traffic and use.
- Quartz Countertops – She chose quartz countertops to avoid a counter that would scratch and etch. She would have loved a gorgeous honed Everest Quartzite, but wanted to be realistic and knew she would worry less with quartz.
- Bridget also wanted to add some glamour to the kitchen, and to do that she brought in gold accents
- She chose the Emtek Mod Hex pull for her cabinet hardware, which has a beautiful brushed gold finish
- She went gold and bold for the faucet, and picked this very cool style from Brizo, a brand that Metropolitan carries
Bridget’s kitchen won Gold for the category Residential Kitchen under $50,000 at the 2020 COTY Awards!
- Unique design details, including full height stone backsplash that goes all away around the windows, really set this kitchen apart from the competition
If you’re interested in working with Bridget on your own stone countertops, fireplace remodel or bathroom project, you can reach her at 781-949-8922!