With all this rain it’s hard to believe that the days of being outside are right around the corner and that it’s almost grilling season! Did you know that Metropolitan does natural stone for outside BBQs?! If you’re thinking about renovating your outdoor entertaining area, or creating a new one in your backyard, we can guide you.
Lets take a look at a few key points to keep in mind when planning for an outside oasis.
- Choosing your appliances
- Having your appliances picked out is the first step in the design process, as it directly impacts the entire layout
- Designing the space smartly
- An outdoor kitchen is considered another living space, so it needs to be treated as one
- Have a professional kitchen designer layout the space to ensure proper functionality and flow are incorporated
- Cold areas (refrigeration), hot areas (grills and cooktops), wet areas (sinks) and dry areas (prep counters and storage) must all work together effectively in proper proximity
- Selecting Materials
- For cabinets it is best to discuss the material with a kitchen designer, which will be based on the local climate
- For countertops, natural stone is the best material for outdoor use, especially durable granite, which holds up well in the elements
- Quartz products are not recommend for outside use because colors can fade after prolonged exposure to direct UV sunlight