For high traffic areas of the home, like kitchens, laundry rooms and basements, laminate is a great option for countertops. Here are the reasons why we still love the old-school material.
- Family-Friendly: Since laminate is a solid surface, it’s not porous, and therefore doesn’t absorb bacteria and food spills as some natural stone surfaces do. For a busy, active household, laminate counters are a convenient choice.
- Cost Effective: Drastically more affordable than stone, laminate countertops are a smart option for homeowners looking to renovate on a small budget, and still get great style.
- Low Maintenance: Only soap and water are needed to keep laminate countertops clean. No sealers or special polishes needed, as required by other countertop materials such as stone and quartz.
- Wide Variety of Colors: Popular brands such as Formica and Wilsonart are continuously coming out with new colors, patterns and even materials.
- It’s Versatile: Laminate can be cut into pretty much any shape, providing a fantastic solution for rooms with difficult dimensions.
A few additional things to know about Metropolitan’s laminate countertops:
- From our postform inventory we stock a number of colors for quick delivery
- We build custom tops to your job’s specifications from all major brand laminates on furniture board or plywood substrate
- We make custom square edge countertops, available with or without a backsplash
- We fabricate laminate from every vendor, including Formica, Wilsonart, Pionite, Poliform, Nevamar, Arborite, and Lamin-Art
- All custom orders are made with specified product brand