We asked Conestoga, America’s leading supplier of custom wood cabinet doors, to tell us about the do’s and don’ts for cleaning wood cabinet doors.
1. Do periodically clean cabinets with a mild detergent and water solution to remove dirt, dust and grease that buildup with routine usage
2. Do dampen a soft, non-abrasive cloth and wipe entire exterior surface of cabinetry and dry with a soft cloth
3. Don’t use a wet cloth that allows water to run down the cabinetry and always dry cabinetry immediately if water is spilled onto the surface
4. Don’t use abrasive cleansers, ammonia or any other type of harsh chemical. These cleaning agents may cause discoloration, scratching, marring and dulling of the finish
5. Don’t use furniture polishes and waxes on finished cabinetry. Furniture polishes alter the original sheen level and may leave a film on the surface that attracts dust and dirt. These polishes may also cause an irregular or blotchy appearance because they are unable to stand up to many common kitchen stains