With more than 10 million products across every style and price point, Wayfair analyzed thousands of search trends to shed light on how consumers are embracing new styles and designs as they renovate their kitchens and bathrooms. The latest trends include:
1. Farmhouse Frenzy: More popular than ever, homeowners are increasingly seeking rustic styles that embody a farmhouse look, as shoppers opt for items such as apron sinks and freestanding vanities with natural finishes. Searches for “farmhouse” fixtures have quadrupled in the last year with sales of farmhouse sinks alone nearly doubling year over year.
2. Set in Stone: Concrete kitchen sinks are increasingly popular with searches for concrete furniture and decor overall up 50 percent year over year. Concrete sinks are unique, durable and versatile, as they come in various sizes, styles and tones, making it a true statement piece in the kitchen.
3. Black is the New Chrome: While chrome and silver continue to be popular options, consumers are also gravitating toward chic black and black matte finishes for faucets and sinks with searches for these products tripling year over year across thousands of options.
4. Many Shades of Gold: Gold-toned faucets and fixtures are growing in popularity as shoppers look to add a touch of glamour to their space. In addition, shoppers are increasingly exploring rose gold finishes, which complement both classic and contemporary styles.
5. Neat and Tidy: Floating vanities have doubled in popularity in the last year as shoppers seek space-saving options with products that not only offer a clean, modern look, but have more efficient storage capacity to keep clutter out of sight.