It’s no surprise why Soapstone is so popular in New England, since it offers a traditional, timeless look that grows with you over time. We love it for kitchen countertops, bathroom vanities and fireplace surrounds. Here’s what you need to know.
- Contains a high amount of talic, therefore soft to the touch
- Non-porous, so any scratch or stains can be sanded out
- Pairs well with other stones due to it’s neutral color
- Finish is always honed, with colors ranging from dark gray to bluish or greenish gray
- Can handle the highest amount of heat of all other natural stones