Frequently Asked Questions
- Can a Metropolitan designer come to my house to measure and offer their design advice?
- Metropolitan does all initial consultations and meetings at one of our four design studios
- Do I need to make an appointment to see your products or meet with a designer?
- We welcome walk-in clients and a designer will be able to discuss our products and provide an overview, but in-depth consultations can require an hour or more, and are therefore by appointment
- How do I make an appointment with a Metropolitan designer?
- Customers can call one of the four Metropolitan design studios to set up an appointment, or submit a request via our website here
- If your contractor, interior designer or architect recommends a particular Metropolitan designer they work with, please specify that designer when making an appointment
- When does Metropolitan take measurements of the project space?
- Once a client confirms they’re moving forward with Metropolitan, the Metropolitan designer will come out to measure and Metropolitan takes full financial responsibility for the measurements
- Does Metropolitan install cabinets and countertops?
- We do not install our cabinets, those are to be installed by the client’s general contractor/carpenter, but we do install our stone countertops
- Where does Metropolitan manufacture their cabinets?
- In our 145,000 square foot factory in Norwood, MA
- What cabinet lines does Metropolitan carry?
- Over 90% of what we sell is are our own cabinet lines, but we also carry a few additional cabinet lines including Kemper & Wolf
- What are the lead times for Metropolitan’s cabinets?
- Since we manufacture several lines of custom and stock cabinets, we have a range of lead times. Metropolitan designers can provide specifics at consultation meetings
- Does Metropolitan replace just cabinet doors?
- Metropolitan’s doors are made specifically for our cabinets, so we are only able to replace doors on previously installed Metropolitan cabinets and not other cabinet lines
- Does Metropolitan offer cabinet refacing?
- No, we do not
- What is the best way to clean cabinets?
- See our cleaning guide here
- Are you a fabricator or a stone vendor?
- We are a stone fabricator, and conveniently stock stone slabs in our Norwood stone showroom for clients
- Do I need to make an appointment to see your stone selection?
- No, we accept walk-ins at all four locations during business hours
- What if we don’t find what we are looking for from Metropolitan’s stone selection?
- We work with stone vendors throughout Massachusetts and New England to source material, which we then fabricate for our clients
- What do I do if I find a slab I like at a stone vendor?
- Ask the vendor to tag the slab(s) you choose and contact your designer at Metropolitan. We will then provide you with a price for the full fabrication job. Upon approval, we will take a deposit for the job and bring the stone to Metropolitan to be fabricated
- What do I need to provide in order to get a quote on a countertop?
- Follow the instructions on our Countertop Measuring Guide
- Do you offer square foot pricing for stone tops?
- Because each project is different with regards to material, details and options, we price by the job
- Do you rip out old countertops?
- Yes, when we install a client’s new countertops we can remove the old tops for a fee
- Countertops are removed before the template is taken
- How do I care for my stone countertops?
- See our instructions for countertop maintenance here
- Do you sell plumbing?
- Yes we do! See the sink and faucet lines we carry here